East Hartford signs agreement with Rentschler developers

The town of East Hartford has signed a memorandum of understanding with ND Acquisitions LLC regarding the company’s development at Rentschler Field, which will ultimately result in money for a new athletic complex and construction of a portion of the East Coast Greenway. The terms of the agreement were presented at the Town Council meeting on Aug. 16. The agreement states that ND Acquisitions will pay the town $1.50 for every square foot of the development just south of Rentschler Field. The amount being paid to East Hartford is projected to be around $4 million. Both parties agree that 25% of the contribution may be allocated toward the planning, design, and construction of the East Coast Greenway project. The other 75% will go toward the construction or renovation of one or more athletic or recreational facilities.


Share This Article: