Construction Accident Caused Glastonbury Gas Leak, Evacuation, Fire Chief Said

The leak happened shortly after 8:30 a.m., when a piece of heavy equipment hit a gas main during a road project outside Addison Mill Apartments, 64 Addison Road, Fire Chief Mike Thurz said. About 60 residents had to leave their apartments, and area roads were shut down. The leak was stopped by 9:30 a.m., police said. Firefighters ventilated the building, and people were allowed back in their apartments

Share This Article: