Bridge work on Lovers Lane in Wilton will cause some traffic closures in area near Merwin Meadows

Motorists heading to the Merwin Meadows area will face intermittent closures on Lovers Lane on Monday and Tuesday due to work on a bridge replacement project, the town of Wilton announced. The entire bridge replacement project is expected to be completed this summer. A temporary bridge, allowing one lane of alternating traffic, was installed last year on Lovers Lane to start the replacement project. For the construction — estimated at $2.7 million to $2.8 million in 2020 — the town will be responsible for 20 percent of the cost, with federal funds paying the remaining 80 percent.

Share This Article: