Glastonbury P&Z approves plan to build 74-unit apartment building

The Glastonbury Town Plan & Zoning Commission finalized a developer’s proposal Tuesday to build a 74-unit apartment building that could be occupied in early 2024. The commission voted 4-2 to approve the application during a nearly four-hour meeting. Developer Richard Hayes, principal of Manchester/Hebron Avenue LLC, will build the multifamily units. The property, on Manchester Road and Hebron Avenue, is across the street from Buckingham Park. The complex will be known as Buckingham Corners. Hinckley Allen partner Timothy Hollister and associate Andrea Gomes represent Hayes. Hollister previously told the Hartford Business Journal that, if all goes as planned, construction could start in the fall and would take about 18 months. Occupancy could begin in early 2024, he said. Hollister also said that 70% of the units will go for the market share rate while the other 30% will be for moderate-income households. There will be 85 parking spaces, he said.

Share This Article: