Lamont Open to Deal with Trump to Restart Stalled Wind Project

Aug 26, 2025 | Uncategorized

Gov. Ned Lamont said Monday he expects to make a deal with the federal government to revive the Revolution Wind offshore wind project, which was ordered to be halted last week, citing unspecified national security concerns. “I feel very confident that this is such a dumb decision, it’s going to get fixed,” Lamont said at a joint press conference at New London’s State Pier with federal lawmakers, and state and local officials. “You never quite know with this administration, but I think there’s a deal to be had. And I got to see what the ask is.” The conference sought to send a unified political message in Connecticut to the Trump administration’s decision to halt the wind project, which is in an advanced stage and scheduled to begin production next year. The project would supply 700 megawatts, enough to power 350,000 homes in Rhode Island and Connecticut. While Lamont said he was confident the Revolution Wind issue would be settled soon, he did not rule out legal action.

https://ctexaminer.com/2025/08/25/lamont-open-to-deal-with-trump-to-restart-stalled-wind-project/

SPREAD THE WORD BY SHARING!

Connect with us